Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Ryan at the Beach

Hi everyone, Melissa here with my DT team page for the Mixed Media Warriors April Moodboard Challenge! My sister-in-law sent me this photo of my nephew Ryan years ago,it was taken at Eaton's Neck,Northport, NY.  I thought it would be good for this month's project.  



I made this using a 12 x 12 sheet of watercolor paper. I added a layer of gauze in the shape of a giant C with gesso, then stenciled on texture paste with a few different stencils. I spread some on some paste as it were cake frosting in a couple spots. I painted the page with thin layers of LSG,and added the photo, followed by the embellishments.  The photo is on watercolor paper, the bottom two layers underneath are cardstock. I put  two layers of foam core board between the layers to give the page some dimension. I brushed on gesso to try and unify all the pieces, then added more LSG.  I decided everything was too shiny, using my face powder and the brush I apply it with, I put on a layer of it. 


The sea horse is by Tim Holtz, I painted it blue, put a thick layer of crackle on, and let it sit overnight.  I brushed on gold acrylic by Firefly, I got it at Tuesday Morning. The little stickers are from 7 Dots.


I love to collect scrapbooking supplies, can you tell?  


The button with the bee on it is Prima, the black letters are Tim Holtz, the chipboard is from Blue Fern I think. The butterfly is fussy cut from Graphic 45.


The braided metal bracelet is from my sister, she gave me an a stash of jewelry she didn't use anymore a few years ago.  

Thank you so much for looking, and have a great day!

                                         
Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor




























No comments:

Post a Comment