Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 2, 2018

Tags Using Shimmerz Paints New Stamps

 Hi everyone! Melissa here with tags using the new Shimmerz Paints stamps! I have used all their beautiful paints too.





How I made these tags:
I made watercolor paper tags, and used the "smoosh" method to paint them:I sprayed Vibez Blue Jeans four times on my craft mat and lightly pressed the tag into it. I soaked up the remaining paint onto white cardstock for future projects. I repeated the process using more Vibez sprays:Jeni B Bleu and Deep Blue Sea. I stamped on the Petite Poppy stamps using an acrylic block.
I stenciled on texture paste using a TCW stencil called "Love to Fly" on all three tags.I added more stamping,in random areas. To add visual interest I glued on micro beads, seed beads,metal glitter, rhinestones, sequins, tulle,threads of gauze, chipboard,dried flowers, Graphic 45 fussy cuts from the Fairy Dust collection, and metal. I put small amounts of Peacock's Plume Shimmerz on a small paintbrush and highlighted raised areas, the texture paste and anything that I'd put on for texture. I also brushed and sponged on gesso to highlight the textures. The gold on the tags is mica powder.






The metal on the left tag is by Finnabair, the mermaid is from Hobby Lobby, the small safety pin is from Tim Holtz. The middle tag's pin is 7 Gypsies, and so is the brass heart charm. 





The round metal pieces are from Tim Holtz.





The blue butterfly is from Hobby Lobby. The silk ribbons are from my local scrap store.





The pink color on the right side of the left tag is Dear John Letter Inklingz. 





Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!





















































No comments:

Post a Comment