Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 4, 2018

See Beauty Everywhere

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a dt page for the March moodboard at Mixed Media Warriors.
I was inspired by the almost summery feel of the photos.



Image may contain: text and nature





To make this page I took a piece of Blue Fern paper and glued it onto a piece of cardboard,so that it would be free standing when I took photos, and also to help prevent warping. I painted it with mat medium so the paper didn't soak up the paint. I applied a thick layer of texture paste using a TCW stencil, with a credit card. Starting from the top layer I have the photo, cardstock, foam core board, watercolor paper, and two more layers of foam board. 





I dyed a piece of gauze an inch bigger than the photo with Shimmerz paints and Distress ink. I cut a hole in the middle of the gauze and worked it around the photo.  
I painted the Dusty Attic and 2 Crafty chipboard with Steampunk Copper by Finnabair, then topped it with Rock Candy Crackle.
The background is painted with mostly Shimmerz paints, in greens and purples. The very pale pink on the watercolor paper behind the photo is called Dear John Letter. 





The flowers are Prima and 49 and Market. The metal leaf is Vintaj. The fussy cut pieces are Graphic 45. The little white butterflies at the top of the photo are from Pion.





I painted on colors, and when I was done, I sponged on gesso to create more negative space,because the page was looking too busy. I took a dry paint brush and put small amounts of gesso on and brushed it over different raised areas, to create more contrast and add some light.



The title sticker is from 7 Dots. I added broken jewelry, a charm, rhinestones, pearls,lace, and more.
The metal round piece at is from Tim Holtz.




The purple flatback crystals are Swarovski, the brad is Tim Holtz. There's some gold leaf, and small pieces of metallic Tresors de Luxe lace. The metal at the left hand corner of the photo is from Finnabair. I also added tulle, metal glitter, distress glitter, micro beads, seed beads, Tim Holtz gold rub ons, a 7 Dots title sticker, dried flowers, sequins, strings from the gauze, and tiny rhinestones. I used a Prima stamp and did a few random areas with black ink.



The very pale pink to the left of the photo is Dear John Letter Inklingz, a very smooth,creamy, shimmery watercolor paint. I love that color! The brown on the page is Winsor and Newton watercolor.

Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week! I hope you are inspired to make an entry to the March challenge!



































No comments:

Post a Comment