Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Romance


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team page for Shimmerz!  It's almost Valentine's Day, so I thought I'd do a page about romance. Walking on the beach at sunset, or any time of the day is one of my favorite things to do, although I have to talk my husband into going with me,lol!





To make this page I used a piece of Blue Fern paper,and sponged gesso on a four inch tall area across the center. I stenciled on a lot of texture paste,using a Prima bubble stencil and a credit card. I mounted the photo onto a piece of cardstock with glue, then with foam tape onto a piece of watercolor paper. I used foam tape to stick two layers of foam core board onto the watercolor paper and also to the bottom paper.
To add visual interest I added a number of things:pearls, rhinestones, a few Swarovski crystals, tan butterflies from Pion papers,49 and Market flowers,shells, pressed flowers,tiny pieces of lace,and tulle. The fibers are pieces of gauze.
 On top of all the bubbles from the stencil I dropped on distress crackle. I wound up covering the bubbles on the far right and left sides of the page with gesso, because things got too busy looking. 
I also added distress glitter, metal glitter,Tim Holtz rub ons and a rhinestone brad. 




I took Dusty Attic chipboard, applied gesso, Shimmerz Inklingz, and Distress Crackle. The leaves were painted with Blue Lagoon and while it was wet, I dropped in a brushful of Hot Stuff. The stems are done with Emerald City. I edged the pieces with I love you onyxly,using a detail brush. The cracks soaked up the color very nicely. The BoBunny butterflies are painted with gesso, Gold n Roses Blingz, and Distress Crackle. They are also edged with the onyx. I painted the top of the page with Gold n Roses.





To add visual interest I added a number of things to the page:pearls, rhinestones, a few Swarovski crystals, tan butterflies from Pion papers,49 and Market flowers,shells, pressed flowers,tiny pieces of lace,and tulle. On top of all the bubbles from the stencil I dropped on distress crackle. I wound up covering the bubbles on the far right and left sides of the page with gesso, because things got too busy looking. 
I also added distress glitter, metal glitter,Tim Holtz rub ons and a rhinestone brad. 

.The little clock face is painted with Dear John and title is painted with Blue Lagoon and Teal the end of Time Shimmerz. I edged the title with I love you onyxly. 




 Here you can see seed beads, micro beads,and some Prima stamping. I used a Versafine Onyx Ink pad, and Tsukineko Sea Breeze chalk ink pad. At the top and bottom of the photo,on the paper, I painted on Gold n Roses Shimmerz. I added some lines of Derwent Bark Inktense Ink pencil at the top and bottom of the page to pick up the black of the photo.  I spread some glossy accents on under the photo and sprinkled on Stampendous Jeweled Gold Embossing Powder. On the sides of the photo underneath the chipboard and around the Romance I used I love you onyxly. On the watercolor paper under the photo I painted with Teal the end of Time Shimmerz, and Dear John Letter.The metal flowers are bead caps by Vintaj.

 The peachy color on the bubbles on the sides are Dear John Letter Inklingz. I used Sculpy Clay and a Sculpy mold to make the little faces. I painted them with gesso, then put on a little Hot Stuff Inklingz.I added some onyx to make hair on the right sided one, to balance the black in the photo. The page was looking too pale so I put on some layers of Teal the end of Time. I sponged on some Tidy Widy Texturez dimensional paste onto the bottom of the page, and put gesso on top of that. 

Thank you so much for looking, and have a great day! I hope I have inspired you to try some Shimmerz Paints, and remember, if you use my name in the comments section when you order, you'll get some free paint!








No comments:

Post a Comment