Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 16, 2017

December Challenge, the Joy of Color



Hi everyone! Melissa here with a page for the December Challenge, The Joy of Color, at Bad Girl's Couture. This is from an amateur engagement photo shoot for my son and his fiance.  It was so windy that day that the professional one was cancelled.  

I was inspired by the title, The Joy of Color, and the paintings over the table. The chairs are also very colorful!



I was inspired by the title, The Joy of Color, and the paintings over the table. The chairs are also very colorful!




To make this page I made layers with Amy Tangerine paper and put them on corrugated cardboard. To  make that cardboard layer I ripped off most of the top of it, painted with gesso followed by metallic acrylic paints.Underneath everything is cheesecloth dyed with watercolors. 


 You can Subscribe HERE....
www.BadGirlsCouture.com/subscribe. .Bad Girls Couture has released our new December Scrapbook kit “42nd St. Soda Shoppe”. Soooo FUN, BRIGHT, COLOURFUL”...the perfect fix for your creative soul. The Limited Edition Vintage Archie Comic Book mini album is truly a one of a kind treasure! As of now...ONLY ONE kit left... 





I made the flowers with a spellbinders die and plain white cardstock.  I colored each layer with inks and watercolors. I glued the layers together, then put the stamens in. I painted the stamens with gold metallic paint. 




I used Blue Moon glass pearls and peridot Bohemian Crystals from a previous kit. I added metal glitter, seed beads, sequins, micro beads,feathers, a charm and chain, and tulle. I spread some glue on and sprinkled gold embossing powder under the blue flowers. I love the way the gold sparkly Thickers from the kit look!

      


Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!















No comments:

Post a Comment