Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 10, 2017

California Sunshine

Hi everyone, Melissa here with a page for Bad Girls Couture!  I took this photo a long time ago when I lived in Southern California. My friend in the photo is one of the nicest people I've ever met. 
I was amazed by the beaches there, and it seemed like it was always sunny,warm, and dry. I think this 7 Gypsies paper fit well with the colors of the photo, and the elements of the kit.



To make this page I applied gesso with a cosmetic sponge, then stenciled on texture paste. I made the paste by mixing baby powder with the gesso to get a thicker consistency. When it was dry I rubbed on some Prima silver wax. 



I took some of the top layer of paper off a piece of cardboard, and sponged it with gesso. I added color to the page with watercolor pencils and some gold metallic paint. I put cheesecloth under the cardboard to add detail.


I applied Prima flowers, pearls from the kit, and rhinestones. I glued on microbeads to the flower for more texture. 


I added part of the chain of Bohemian crystals around a glass pebble I'de painted. I used a bottle cap to hold them, and sprinkled in some micro beads with clear glue.


I glued on gold embossing powder to bring the sand onto the page. I also rubbed on gold mica 
powder.

Thank you for looking, and have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment