Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 20, 2017

Altered Art Journal Cover

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new challenge project for Bad Girls Couture. The challenge is to use Wendy La Croix gesso and Prima -Finnabair -Art Alchemy - Metallic Wax - Old Silver. The gesso goes on really smooth, and covers well. I bought this little book about ten years ago at a garage sale, and thought, oh how cool, my metallic ink pens will show up so well on this colored paper. It turned out they didn't look " all that," but the book was too cute to throw out. How terrific that it finally has found it's purpose. The size was just right for the wonderful Prima Shabby Chic Treasures Baroque Frame.





To alter this I sponged gesso on the cover, used a piece of 7 Gypsies Paper I'd cut to fit,and glued it on the frame. I put a piece of cheesecloth under the frame for more texture. I applied lace, Prima Bohemian Crystal Chain Pack pieces, a Prima flower, and pearls. 





I used Prima Metallique Wax, and also some blue and gold metallic paint to cover the frame and cover.




To make the details on the cover stand out, I mixed black acrylic paint and water, applied it on the frame with a brush in small areas, dabbed it off with a paper towel, and applied more silver wax and metallic paint. What wasn't dabbed off stayed in the crevices. I took a black water color pencil and drew around the image.



I glued on micro beads and metal glitter too.
Thanks for looking, and have a great week!













No comments:

Post a Comment