Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 3, 2017

Summer Chill

Hi everyone, Melissa here with a design team project for July's Mixed Media Warrior Moodboard! I was inspired by the summer colors, and peacefully chill theme of the photos.



Image may contain: text




This is an 8 x 10 canvas that I prepped with gesso, then added layers of gauze,and a collection of seed beads and other textural things that I'd collected from my desk over time. Whenever I'm done with a project and there's leftover metal glitter and beads, I sweep it into little bags. This is the first time I've used one.   I sprayed and painted on layers of the following: turquoise by Tattered Angels, and then Tibetan Poppy Teal by Lindy's Stamp Gang. I applied green, blue, and purple from Shimmers Water Colors, the little bottles come with brushes in the lids, and are ready for use, but there's no names for the colors.






I topped the paint with layers of Finnabair's Waxes,and gold acrylic paint by Firefly. I bought the butterfly chipboard from Michaels several years ago. I painted it with gesso, then Art Alchemy Opal Magic pink blue by Prima, followed by a layer of Ranger Clear Rock Candy.  I let it dry overnight and added Tibetan Poppy Teal by LSG, a little purple from Shimmers, and some gold acrylic paint. 
The mermaid is an image I cut from a piece of 7 Gypsies Paper Maritime Collection: Sirene. I outlined her with glossy accents and sprinkled on blue glass glitter seed beads, and threads of gauze.
Other items I've added to the canvas include, charms,microbeads,pearls, and seed beads.




Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment