Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Rich at Tahoe

Hi everyone, Melissa here with a page for the latest 7 Dots Challenge.  This is a photo of my husband at Lake Tahoe. We had a house about 45 minutes away from it, where we lived for two years.

February is the month of love, and I have tried to express my love for my hubby with paper and paint.  


To make this page I used the beautifully elegant paper, tags, and stickers, mostly from 7 Dots Writer's Block. I put watercolor paper under my photo, I had painted it with LSG colors. Under that is a layer of corrugated cardboard that I put gesso on, then some more LSG. The bottom layer is canvas that I sprayed with water, then pulled off horizontal threads with pliers and a straight pin, then painted with LSG over gesso. I brushed on gold acrylic paint by Firefly.


I painted on gesso on the page around the layers.

I did some stencil work with a Tim Holtz die cut, a brass stencil, and home made texture paste.


To add visual interest I added micro beads, wire,beads, Tim Holtz and other brands of metal,a little chipboard, and bling.



To sort of tie things together I brushed gesso on randomly.


You can see a little stamping, chunky glitter, jump rings, distress glitter, and mica flakes.


Thank you so much for looking, and have a great day!


february2017-challenge-7ds-200x200









5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for participating to the 7 Dots Studio challenge! Really cool textures and small details! Such an inspirational piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Art wow Love This Thanks for your participation at 7 Dots Studio Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great entry! Thank you for joining 7 Dots Studions Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work!! Thanks for playing with us at 7dots studio challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work and so many beautiful details!!Love it!!Thanks for playing with us at 7dots studio challenge !

    ReplyDelete