Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Once A Upon a Time

Hi everyone, Melissa here with my entry for the 7 Dots Challenge for January 2017, the Monochromatic Project.  I have used paper and stickers from the Writer's Block collection from 7 Dots.  The photo is of my husband's grandparents, who immigrated from Sweden to the US in the 1920's.


January Challenge – Monochromatic Project





I put gesso on the page with a credit card.  


I cut a chipboard frame into four pieces, prepped it with gesso, painted it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Peony Scarlet Red, and dried it. I'm not sure what brand the chipboard is. I poured on a thick coat of Clear Rock Candy Crackle and let it dry overnight.  I took a Prima - Royal Menagerie Collection- Stencil Mask - 6 x 6 -Decor 1 stencil,and applied some homemade texture paste as kind of a frame around the central area.



The flowers are Garden Fable by Prima.  I put gauze on the page and brushed it with gesso. After I dried it,I took a Derwent Inktense Watercolor pencil in Bark, held it sideways, and put pencil all over the gauze.  I then brushed on water to soften the lines.


I sponged on white gesso over some of the black areas. I painted the edges of the flowers with gesso,drew on them with a little Bark pencil, softened the lines with water.  I applied glossy accents, and sprinkled on clear glass glitter.



To add more visual interest I put on some small things,tiny die cut Sizzix butterflies, rhinestones, sequins, shells,and pearls, 





I painted underneath the frame with Windsor and Newton watercolor in black.



Thank you so much for looking, and have a great day!






2 comments:

  1. wow wow wow beautiful I love it !!! Thank you for joining 7 Dots Studio challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is superb.I adore all your techniques and the result is fabulous. A wonderful interpretation of our challenge in 7dots!

    ReplyDelete