Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Family


This page was made as a project for My Creative Scrapbook's Design Team Call.
Hi everyone,this is a tribute page to my dear stepmother Ruth, who passed away recently at the age of 93. She was dearly loved by a huge family. This photo includes her first husband and daughter.   Ruth had a very good and full life, and I have tons of great memories of the time I was blessed enough to be around her.Her parents both came here from Sweden, and raised four girls. Her parents both came here from Sweden, and raised four girls.  Ruth came into my life when I was about 12, so she had to go through raising two of my brothers and I through the teenage years, after bringing up two of her own. She always listened to my sometimes endless chatter, and was always so fun to be around.  She worked full time, and didn't retire until her and my Dad decided to move to Florida. 




I used Prima paper, Lindy's Stamp Gang,in purple, teal, and blue, Petaloo flowers, Tim Holtz words and rub ons, and a few bling items. 




I first applied Prima Heavy Gesso with a credit card, then put some more on through a TCW stencil, and sprinkled on clear seed beads into the wet gesso,  drying between layers.  I spritzed on water and flicked on dry Lindy's powder with a fan brush, and moved the paper around.  I did two or three layers in places, to make the colors more intense, because it got lighter when I dried it.
I also put on some embossing powder, in a verdigris color. Ruth loved the color blue, and music too.




 Here you can see some chipboard, I'm not positive what company it's from. The owl, symbolizing wisdom, is Vintaj.



I used purple, gold, green, and aqua mica powders on the chipboard, also some bark Derwent Inktense watercolor pencil.  I used the same pencil to outline around the photos and flowers and softened it with water brushed over it.  You can see a little purple embossing powder here too.





Pale aqua is my favorite color, but purple blue is number two.




Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment