Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 22, 2017

By the River

Hi everyone, Melissa here with a mixed media page for the Dusty Attic January 2017 Mood Board Challenge. This is a photo of my husband taken in Colorado. We were driving cross country,from New York to California, and decided to stop and look at a river.




I was inspired by the blue colors of the mood board. and the blue feathers.  I coated a piece of watercolor paper with gesso, then applied some gauze.  I put some texture paste on and mixed in some seed beads with it.  I applied many layers of different products, mainly watercolors. I also used vintage black and gold glass glitter, mica flakes in gold and silver, green alcohol ink, turquoise liquid pearls,a Lindys Stamp Gang mix of teal and purple, micro beads,copper mica powder, and green mica powder.



  
I prepped the Dusty Attic chipboard with gesso, then painted with watercolors, and topped it with a little glitter, crackle paint, and gold mica powder.



You can see a lot of gold mica powder.





I used some sizzix leaves.





On the edges I used watercolors, Derwent Inktense pencil, and gold mica.



Here's the link to see the challenge:






Thanks so much for looking, and have a great week!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very gorgeous and so much yummie texture! Thank you for joining Dusty Attic challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful page... adore all the gorgeous texture on your background!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Dusty Attic.

    ReplyDelete