Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 19, 2016

Peace on Earth

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a 12 x 12 mixed media page. I have used some beautiful Christmas papers to surround an old photo of my husband and niece. She's hitting him over the head with a foam bat. He's pretending to be in pain, hahaha!  You can see my father-in-law in the background.




Supplies Used:







To make this page I put the photo on white cardstock, layers of Paper House paper,and finally a piece of foam core board. I sponged on gesso, stenciled on texture paste, and poured on crackle paint.  I let the crackle dry overnight.  





I added gauze and gesso around the photo, then layered on glass glitter and mica flakes. I coated it all with more gesso, then started painting. I used a few shades of green and brown watercolors, and mists. 





I put on some flowers, a few die cut leaves I painted, metal, bling, green micro beads, and pearls. I made the dark edges on the layers under the photos with a watercolor pencil.





You can see I used gold mica powder underneath the photo.  Whenever I used paint or heat to dry things, I protected the photo with a piece of paper.

Thanks so much for looking, and have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment