Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Happy Together


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a mixed media page for Paper House. I love the colors and details   on the Discover paper, and just had to use it!

This is a fun photo of my son and his girlfriend, I think they're so cute together.



Supplies Used:





To make this page I used mod podge to glue the top piece of scrapbook paper to a piece of black cardstock, and glued on two more sheets of old scrapbook paper underneath. This was to decrease the chance of warping from the materials I planned on applying.

 I dabbed on gesso with a cosmetic sponge,let it dry, then put a piece of cheesecloth on, and glued it in spots with glossy accents. I dipped a brush into gesso, mixed it with a little water on my craft sheet, and flung it on the paper.  I distressed all the edges of the pieces, layered the tags, and put a photo on top. I used foam core board and masking tape between layers, to give it some dimension, and to make some space for things to fit in between the layers.

 After I had the layers on, I stenciled on some texture paste.  I made kind of wreath for Aron with dried pressed flowers,dried moss, gold and silver metal chain, rhinestones,feathers,and pearls.

I decided that my arrangement looked too busy, so I brushed gesso on the layers of papers, and added some colors. I painted with an aqua blue sparkly water color,and when dry,brushed on then gold mica powder with water. I put on lavender paint, and when dry, brushed on dry pearl colored mica powder.

 I took a piece of black tulle and covered the paper layers with it, I used masking tape  to draw the tulle tight onto the bottom of the layers. I glued some areas on with glossy accents, then cut the all the tulle off that wasn't right on the paper. I put more aqua blue paint on, then silver mica powder. I brushed on dry coppery mica powder to pick up the colors of the sunset. To add a complementary color to the copper, I brushed on turquoise Dylusions around the edges, and some on the layers too. The turquoise made the page work, as it added some "punch", or definition, to the design.






You can see some Vintaj metal pieces, seed beads, and glass glitter. I added the adorable  butterflies at the top to kind of tie the page together.



 I especially love the lavender tones in the sunset!



Thanks for looking, and I hope you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment