Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Rich and I

Hi everyone, Melissa here with a page for Paper House. I love working with these beautifully made products, the colors and images are amazing! 

My husband and I had a house in the Sierra Nevada foothills in Northern California. We were there for about two years, and this photo was taken during that time. It's hard to put into words how much I loved living there. We were on top of a hill, and could see the mountains of Tahoe, 40 miles away.




 Supplies used:





To make this page I put a piece of Believe paper onto a sheet of black cardstock.  I put a wide piece of lace on, and taped it to the underside of the black paper.  I put the photo on black cardstock, and used foam core board to give it some dimension. Later on I attached ribbon around the photo with foam tape.  I also decided there was too much lace, and cut some off.

I applied gesso with a small cosmetic sponge, and put on my embellishments. I added some cute hummingbird puffy stickers because they're adorable. There were a lot of those little birds in real life there, and I would spend hours watching them.  I used watercolors,crackle paint,mica powders,stenciled texture paste on to frame the photo.  




I wiped glossy accents on the mini butterflies, then poured on glitter.



I colored  gauze with brown watercolor to make some nesting material that you see at the bottom right. I dry brushed all over the page with metallic aqua paint on the edges and surfaces of textured areas.



I outlined areas on the page with heavy lines using a watercolor pencil, and brushed water on over them to blend them.

 I've used some wolf stickers at the bottom of the page,and while wolves weren't in that area, there was a lot of wildlife. Every night I would listen to coyotes howling. 

Thanks for looking at my page, I hope you liked it!

1 comment:

  1. Real pretty page Melissa! Nice colors and as always, lots of textures and interesting elements!

    ReplyDelete