Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Audrey Hepburn


Hi everyone, Melissa here with a page I've submitted for application to the ColourArte Design Team.




I started by cutting up pieces of watercolor paper,distressed all the edges, and arranged the pieces.  I used foam core board between the layers, to add dimension. 



I sprayed water onto all the Twinkling H20 jars in order to activate them.

I sprayed water on in small 1" x 2" sections, dipped a brush into the paint, and touched the brush to the water. I did this all over the page and layers of paper, using several colors.

I had to cover some areas with gesso because I used too many colors. 



I poured on Distress Crackle paint in different areas, and let it dry.
I rubbed on a lot of pearl mica powder all over the papers.




I outlined the layers under the photo with several lines of black watercolor pencil, and brushed water over them to soften the lines.




I had a lot of fun adding the embellishments. I used some rub on letters I've had for over 10 years.




The black images are rub ons. I also added seed beads, micro beads, dried moss, sequins, rhinestones, die cut paper butterflies, metal chains, and more.




The "Dear" you see there is from a postcard my mom wrote me a long time ago.
There ares some wispy pieces of gauze I put by the layers. I brushed some shiny acrylic paint on to add texture and color.





To the left of the photo is a shiny area where I had poured clear glass glitter into a puddle of watercolor.  When it dried I poured crackle accent on top of it, just to see what it would look like. It didn't crackle up too well, but I just rubbed some pearl mica powder on it and the result is okay.


Thanks for looking,and I hope you liked my page!


2 comments:

  1. Melissa it's so serene and u r going to be selected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous Melissa. Thanks for sharing your process, it's so artistic. Best of luck with your submission. I hope you make it. I would love to see what you create with their products!

    ReplyDelete