Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 22, 2016

Leaving Northport


Hi everyone! This is a photo taken a long time ago, when my husband and I left Northport, Long Island, for a job transfer to California. My sister in law had a family get together for us on her deck.

This is also my entry for CSI challenge number 190.




I took a sheet of black Bazzil cardstock, and glued it to 3 sheets of scrapbook paper I didn't care about. This was so the page wouldn't warp from all the material I was going to put on it.




I put gesso on with a credit card, and sponged some on too. This was so the different media would show up more, and not be absorbed by the paper.

I put  Finnabair clear crackle paste on, except on the border, and in the center, and let it dry overnight. 




I stenciled on some texture, I used a combination of gesso and clear gel medium, because it's easier to clean off the stencil than texture paste. I think I like the paste better, it seems to take the color better.




I painted on Lindy's Stamp Gang using a teal color, and also yellow and blue watercolors.
I rubbed a lot of gold mica powder on.  

I applied a number of embellies with glossy accents and foam tape.




Thank you so much for looking, I hope you liked the page!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning Melissa...it really gives such awesome feel of celebrations in fireworks ...wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete