Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Nature

Hi everyone! Here's a card I made for the Home for the Holidays with Reneabouquets Contest. The purple butterfly is from Reneabouquets.  I love the color and sparkle of it.





I painted watercolor paper with green and brown watercolors. Using Prima's Fluttering Flower stencil, I added some texture paste. I put a little Faber-Castell  purple watercolor crayon on some of the paste when it was dry. I kept adding more paint of different colors and brands, eventually I had to sponge on a little gesso to lighten some areas.

For the gold I used mica powder and water. There is a fair amount of silver mica powder on the page. I use it all the time. 

I used different colors of microbeads and glass glitter. I sprinkled on some Swarovski and other types of crystals. There are stickles in platinum and crystal around the edges.




1 comment:

  1. Love it Melissa! Very pretty and as always, so full of texture : )

    ReplyDelete