Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Blue Eyes

Hi everyone, Melissa here. I made this with the beautiful August Scraps of Elegance kit, Mallika's Whimsy. A friend of mine let me use a photo of her daughter.  

 I started this by putting on a thin layer of gesso with a credit card. I then put a paintbrush into gesso and flung it on the page, and repeated this several times.I like the the way the thin squiggly lines look. It did take awhile to dry, even with using a heat gun. I put on some texture paste, and then painted and flicked on colors.  I used some crackle accent, and topped it with purple chalk and distress ink. The painted sizzlit leaves and flowers are from older projects.

Thanks for looking!

 








Products used:

August Scraps of Elegance kit, Mallika's Whimsy
Twinkling H20s
Lindy's Stamp Gang, Victorian Bouquet
Winsor and Newton Watercolors
Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Peeled Paint
Spring Greenery and Tattered Floral Garland Sizzlit Dies by Tim Holtz
The Crafters Workshop Template Mini Cut Circles ,6 x 6
Perfect Pearls
Sequins, microbeads,and wire from my stash

No comments:

Post a Comment