Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 17, 2015

Beautiful

This photo of my son's girlfriend was taken with an underwater camera,the dots on it are air bubbles.

 She has a great sense of humor, and so does my son. They're really cute together, goofing around, and making jokes.  

I made this page using the beautiful Scraps of Elegance August kit,Mallika's Whimsy.





I took a metal cookie tin, and wrapped floral wire around it three times, then took it off, and tied it with more wire, to keep it a circle. I wrapped floral tape around it.  I did this three times, then cut each circle, and wrapped the 3 pieces around each other.

I painted the wreath shape with gesso, then applied glitter glue, flowers, blue and gold lumieres, and frosted mica flakes from Prima.

The photo is on a piece of watercolor paper, painted with a mix of Twinkling H20s and Lindy's Stamp Gang. The blue flowers are made with tracing paper and a Sizzlits die, tattered flower garland.  I put them in a puddle of lindy's stamp gang, then heat dried them.

I strung the beads with a fine needle and black thread.  With the needle I poked through a big pile of the beads held in the palm of my hand.  It goes pretty quickly.

I painted the chipboard by Blue Fern with Lindy's Stamp Gang.

I brushed the tiny Vintaj metal word pieces with some gold mica powder, however, it doesn't show up well in the photos.






Thanks for looking!


Other items used besides the Scraps of Elegance kit:

Lindy's Stamp Gang
Butterfly Frenzy Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die
Tattered Flower Garland Design
Stickles Glitter Glue
Swarovski Crystals
The Crafter's Workshop Doodling Template - 6 x 6 - Birds of a Feather
Perfect Pearls
Petaloo feather

From my stash:
Floral wire, floral tape, silver beads,glass glitter,sequins,crystals, chain, pearl and wire jewelry.




1 comment:

  1. so beautiful, Melissa! LOVE how the circle frame looks like it's floating in the water! Very cool! What a wonderful photo!!! This creation is SO YOU, Melissa! You have a very unique style. Love it!

    ReplyDelete