Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Vintage in Lavender

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a 12 x 12 mixed media layout for Gina's Chipboard Laser Designs.

I found the flourishes,leaves, and butterflies both beautiful, and a pleasure to work with. With their delicate shapes, I think they complement the vintage photo perfectly.

To decorate the chipboard I first prepped them with gesso. The purple flourishes and butterfly were painted with Twinkling H20's . After they dried I quickly smeared on diamond stickles with my finger.  While wet I dabbed on Pearlex Powder. I added silver stickles and bling on the butterfly.  The gold flourishes are gold ink brushed on. The green leaves are chalk ink with "veins"scratched on with a straight pin. The little flower by the lower right of photo is greenish blue pigment paint, Lindy's spray, then purple chalk ink dabbed on with a small piece of cosmetic sponge.











Thanks for looking!
                                                                              
Chipboard used:
Mini Flourishes Bella
Flourished Frame Bella
Scribble Frames Butterfly
Scribble Frames Hearts & Flowers


Other:
Watercolor Paper
Prima and Petaloo flowers
Jaquard Pearlex Powder in pearl
Jolees bling, and a few Swarovski crystals on the butterfly
Twinkling H20 Watercolors
Winton and Lewis Watercolors
Vintaj bead cap
a little piece of Tresors De Luxe lace
Plaid Liquid Leaf Gold Paint
Tim Holtz Rub ons
Distress Crackle Paint - Clear Rock Candy
Lindy's Spray
Versacolor Ultimate Pigment Ink
VersaMagic Chalk Ink Pad
Tsuineko Chalk Ink
Lindy's Stamp Gang
Viva Modeling Cream


To make the background I took a piece of water color paper and ran it under the faucet to get the whole thing wet.  I took a one inch brush and quickly painted on alizaron crimson watercolor, mixed with water. I used a heat tool to dry it.   I then mixed a blue purple color by Twinkling H20s, a blue watercolor, and water to make the shade I painted on next.

I put on texture paste with a Crafters Workshop stencil, and a butterfly one by Martha Stewart.    I painted the texture with green and brown watercolors mixed together.  I brushed liquid gold leaf on top of the green-brown.













No comments:

Post a Comment