Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Red and Blue Christmas Cards

Hi everyone! Melissa here with two cards for Gina's Chipboard Laser Designs.

I thought the chipboard here added so much to the design; that makes it fun to work with.

To decorate the chipboard I first prepped them with gesso.  The leaves are Utee sprinkled on wet chalk ink that I then melted with a heat tool. The scroll at the top is is just gold leaf paint brushed on.  
The snowflake on the right is silver leaf paint. I added a couple pieces of bling.











Thanks for looking!

Chipboard used:

Papers from Kaisercraft and K and Company
Prima and Petaloo flowers
Prima bling
Vintaj metal
Jaquard Pearlex Powder
Plaid Liquid Gold Leaf paint, also silver
Distress Crackle Paint-Clear Rock Candy
Tsuineko chalk ink
Viva Modeling Cream
A few pointed back Swarovski crystals
Silver Stickles





For the background I painted watercolor paper with red acrylic paint. I sprinkled on Utee while the paint was wet, then melted it with a heat tool.  I brushed over the top of the Utee with gold leaf paint.

On top of the watercolor paper is a piece of canvas. I painted it with Viva Modeling Cream. When it was dry I rubbed on some gold Pearlex Powder.


No comments:

Post a Comment