Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Cards by Melissa for August Cross Promotional

Hi everyone! Melissa here with two cards.

It was wonderful working with these papers.  The details, images, and colors are crisp, and beautiful.  Vintage and romance, a perfect combination!

  I can always find just the chipboard I need to complement a theme at Gina's Designs.  The skeleton clock on the left I first painted with gesso, and then liquid pearls.  I put on a  little gold leaf,  and then silver ink.   On the right hand card I painted all three with gesso. On the corset I added detail with pencil, glossy accents, liquid pearls,silver stickles, and silver ink.  I laced it with black thread.

 The white heart at the bottom right has perfect pearls and glossy accents on it.  It's wrapped with metal thread I'm pretty sure is from the 1920's. It could be part of a rhinestone and metal cap.  My Mom found  a strand of rhinestones from it at a barn sale in Pennsylvania.  I've used all the rhinestones on other projects.

I put some perfect pearls on the gears.

The red heart charm is red watercolors over red metallic pen.  I put a dried flower from my yard on a layer of Dimensional Magic, then another layer of the glue on top. I added definition with a black sharpie. 

Thanks for looking!







Chipboard used:

Wooden Charm - Heart

Papers by Kitty's Scrap Post - Heart Break collection, and "Love struck" Bottle Cap Collage Sheet

Other products used:

Tim Holtz metal and stickers
Liquid Pearls
Swarovski crystals
Glossy accents
Dimensional Magic by Mod Podge
Swarovski flat back crystals
Glossy accents

Here are some close - ups.



















3 comments: