Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Two Bird and Butterfly Cards

Hi everyone!  Melissa here with two cards using Gina's Lasercut Chipboard.

I love these very elegant flourishes.  I used them as tree branches in my design.
I first painted the flourishes with gesso. I mixed green and brown watercolors, and dabbed on a little green chalk ink to paint them.  I used a small paintbrush and water to  take off  a little paint from the centers.  I put a bit of white paint on and them and  blended it with the edges of the green.

I started by painting the birds with gesso, I used birds from Botanical Tea papers as inspiration for the colors. I penciled in some lines to separate top from bottom.   I put a little of pink and  brown on the the top. On the bottom  I used a little blue, and a little green.

On the heart I used gesso followed by pearl Viva Decor paste.


Gina's Designs chipboard used:


Other products used:
Prima Fairy Belle paper
Tiny pieces of Prima Nature Girl and Botanical Tea papers
Dried moss, and lichens from my yard
Vintaj butterfly and bead caps
Prima flowers



No comments:

Post a Comment