Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Blue Mask

Hi, Melissa here with a mask by Gina's Designs.  I painted it with gesso, then metallic blue acrylic. I put clear gel medium on using a piece of lace as a stencil, followed by Twinkling H20s . After that I applied the crystals. The flatback diamond colored ones , and the bicones, are Swarovski.   To highlight the texture of the gel, I brushed on some gold DecoColor  paint.  The flower was made by dipping white paper flowers in Dylusions ink and water. I painted the flourishes in front of the ostrich feathers with gesso, acrylic paint, then crackle.
I tinted the lace by immersing it in Dylusions ink and water.

From Gina's Designs:
Masks Shape Set
Fantasy Frame and Flourishes

Other Products:
Liquitex Gloss Gel
Sparkling H20s
Prima flowers
Tim Holtz Clear Distress Crackle Paint
Dylusions Ink Sprays

2 comments: